By registering with BizMeet (“innovateIT AG, hereafter innovateIT”) users accept the following Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “Terms”) for using BizMeet products and services. The User enters into this agreement with innovateIT AG, Hagenholzstrasse 83B, CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland.
Please read the following information carefully to learn more about our Terms. The Terms are the basis of a legally binding contract between innovateIT and the registered users. They are subject to Swiss law.
The unrestricted use of all the services and content available to users through BizMeet is only possible after the registration and verification of your phone number by BizMeet.
The data provided by the users and/or information are only visible to other users with whom they are connected with on BizMeet. By utilizing BizMeet it is implied that any data and/or information provided is not breaking any laws or these Terms. BizMeet/innovateIT reserves the right to remove any contents deemed illegal without notice.
You hereby agree that your usage of the BizMeet app, its website and related services is on an as is basis.
Place of jurisdiction
The place of jurisdiction is in each case the legal domicile of innovateIT AG. The user acknowledges, without right of objection, that the place of jurisdiction is the legal domicile of innovateIT AG.
2. User License
By downloading and installing BizMeet on your device, you automatically accept the terms of our End User Licensing Agreement (EULA). Therefore, we please ask you to make yourself familiar with our EULA, which can be found on our website, and carefully read the EULA before using the BizMeet software. The license we provide you with grants You a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to install and use the BizMeet Product subject to all the terms and conditions as set forth within our EULA. The User is free to use the Product on as many devices as the user wish. BizMeet is protected by copyright laws as well as other intellectual property laws. BizMeet is licensed and not sold.
3. Code of Conduct
It is prohibited to harass, stalk, or contact any users after they have expressly asked not to be contacted by you.
It is prohibited to “spam” or otherwise contact users for purposes other than related to the specific opportunity provided by the BizMeet services.
Not only laws regulate the conduct between persons, but also respect and appreciation. Always keep in mind that factors such as facial expressions and gestures disappear. That humour, sarcasm and irony can be interpreted differently by the recipients and readers due to the lack of nonverbal communication.
Therefore, the following rules of conduct apply in communication between BizMeet members that are official contacts on the BizMeet network:
- Respect people’s privacy. Your contacts will be visible towards you if they so choose.
- Be nice: don’t send inappropriate or threatening messages.
- Respect others rights and laws. Don’t on purpose stalk or spy on your contacts.
- For a professional exchange with your BizMeet contacts, the BizMeet services offers various ways to communicate:
- An in-App messaging functionality
- An in-App meeting functionality
- Meeting someone in person as facilitated by BizMeets location services
Reporting of Harassment
In the event you as a user is being harassed by one or more other users that you are connected to, in one way or another, you should inform us of said harassment. Sometimes, the relationship between contacts changes and there are users that do not have respect for other BizMeet users and end up harassing other users through various means.
Members, who feel that another BizMeet user is subjecting them to harassment, have various means by which they can remedy this:
- By engaging the “Hide” feature the other user is no longer able to follow you.
- By removing the other contacts phone number from your personal contact book. The other user will not be able to follow you, nor will they be able to message or send meeting invites over BizMeet to you.
- Report the harassment to BizMeet staff; you can do this by either by sending us an email to support∂bizmeet-hub.com or via regular mail. You will find all necessary methods and information necessary to contact us under the section “Contact”. In any case we need the following information:
- User Name(s) as they appear in your BizMeet Contact Book
- Your contacts phone number
- Providing a reason for reporting the harassment
- Type of harassment
- Date and time of harassment
By reporting the harassment you authorize BizMeet and in turn innovateIT to view your personal data as well as any communication between you and the party(s) you claim to be harassing you. This is necessary for us to research and take appropriate action in regard to the harassment claim. BizMeet/innovateIT will take all necessary actions regarding such messages without undue delay. This may end up deleting affected profiles immediately under threat of penalty.
4. Prohibited Content and Actions
In order to maintain a desired level of quality and the general respect for our fellow BizMeet users, the following specific provisions apply:
- Any unlawful use of content, documents and logos of third parties is prohibited.
- Pornographic, statements of violence or statements that violate against child protection laws are prohibited. Any promotion, marketing and offering of such products that violate against these statements will lead to legal sanctions against the publishing user.
- To publish race discriminating statements or publications.
- Harassment of other users (particularly stalking) is prohibited.
- Use of legally protected content (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, design patent or utility model law), without being entitled to do so, or offer or distribute legally protected goods and/or services.
- Take anti-competitive actions or to promote such acts, including progressive customer acquisition practices (such as chain, snowball or pyramid schemes).
- Perform harassing actions, even if they do not violate any laws:
- Sending multiple message to other users even after they have asked to stop.
- Performing, advertising and promotion of structural distribution activities (such as multi-level marketing or multi-level network marketing).
- Offensive or sexually oriented communication (explicit or implicit).
- Calls to actions that violate laws.
- Invitations to participate in non-approved public events.
- The following acts are explicitly forbidden for user to undertake:
- Use of mechanisms, software or scripts in connection with the use of BizMeet app or website services.
- Distribution and public communication of BizMeet services app or website content or that of other users.
- Any action that is adapted to affect the functionality of the BizMeet infrastructure, especially such that put an excessive load on the BizMeet system infrastructure.
To use all functions of the BizMeet services, you will need to register with your smartphone. With the registration, the user signs a legally binding contract with BizMeet/innovateIT.
- The registration is done filling in the appropriate forms on the BizMeet app.
- The registering user agrees to fill in all the required information truthfully.
- Specifying an email address during registration is mandatory.
- The registering user selects a secure password. The user agrees to keep the password confidential and not to make it accessible to third parties.
- By submitting the registration form, the user declares his consent to these Terms and agrees that a legally binding contract is signed between the user and BizMeet/innovateIT.
To ensure that all BizMeet services can be used accordingly, a registering user must provide certain personal information:
- A user Name
- A valid Phone Number
- A valid Email Address
Emails and passwords are in no way and at no time visible to other BizMeet members. BizMeet/innovateIT will not pass on this information in any circumstances to third parties and / or otherwise give these to third parties. Employees who need to have access to such information in the performance of their duties are subject to specific privacy obligations that are an integral part of their employee contracts.
In addition to the mandatory registration details, you can voluntarily provide additional profile information in the way of a Profile Photo. That allows for you to display to other users how you would like to be seen on their Map view or in their BizMeet Contact section. The profile photo you upload will override the standard avatar or any picture your contacts might have had for you.
Every user warrants at registration, that they are an adult or have the legal consent of their parents or guardian if they are under 16 years of age, and have the legal capacity to act on their own.
6. User Obligations
The user agrees to:
To fill out their Profile Information Accurately and Truthfully
- To only provide information in his profile that corresponds to the truth.
- To upload profile photos that are not copyrighted by another person or entity.
To Refrain from Harassing Actions
- To refrain harassing actions towards other users, in particular:
- Spam messaging.
- Call to actions and activities that contradict the laws.
- Suggestive or insulting statements.
To Keep their Personal Data Secure
7. Member Rights
Use of services
Assuming that you comply with the obligations set out in this agreement, we grant you an unlimited access to all services that are provided to registered users of BizMeet.
Insight into stored information
8. BizMeet @ innovateIT AG Obligations
Availability of services
BizMeet obligate themselves for all the services to be operational around the clock. For this purpose, they shall take all necessary actions that are available to their disposal to ensure this.
The user acknowledges that it is not technically possible to achieve a 100% availability of the BizMeet services, especially since the core service is reliant on GPS positioning and cellular data connectivity. Both of which at times may not be available to users at certain locations around the world, for any reason.
In particular, due to maintenance, security or capacity limitations, and events that are not under the control of BizMeet/innovateIT (e.g. disruptions in public communication networks, power failures etc.), temporary discontinuance of BizMeet services may occur.
9. BizMeet @ innovateIT AG Rights
Changes of Service
BizMeet reserves the right to change the services offered by the BizMeet app or on its website or to offer different services.
Changes of Functions
BizMeet reserves the right to change features/functions offered by the BizMeet app or on the BizMeet website or as it would relate to the offer of different services, unless:
- BizMeet/innovateIT is obliged to establish the conformity of services in accordance with applicable law, especially if the laws in force change;
- BizMeetinnovateIT thereby go against a legal verdict directed at HLN or a governmental policy decision;
- As far as the respective change is necessary to eliminate existing security vulnerabilities;
- Whereas the change is purely technical or procedural nature with any significant impact for the user.
Use of Third-Party Services
Disclosure of Member Data
10. Termination of User Account
Termination by the User
Termination by BizMeet / innovateIT
At any time, BizMeet/innovateIT has the right to accounts from the BizMeet services.
The deletion of a user account can be the result on the basis of a variety of reasons, especially but not exclusively:
- Non-compliance with outlined regulations by the user as outlined in these Terms;
- Breach by the user of his contractual obligations of these Terms;
- A user that promotes any communities or associations – or their methods or activities – which are under investigation of security or child protection authorities;
- A user that is continuously harassing other member(s);
- A user that expresses or distributes religious or political propaganda for said religion or political party;
In the case of a deletion of a user profile by BizMeet/innovateIT, further steps against this user are not excluded; particularly, but not exclusively to:
- Banning from all BizMeet services;
- In case of suspected offenses, BizMeet/innovateIT will inform the corresponding legal authorities.
11. Changes to the Terms
From time to time, we may revise these Terms. We reserve the right to update or modify these Terms, or any other of our policies or practices, at any time with or without notice. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in these Terms without giving you an opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses.
We will post the revised Terms on the Site, so that users can always be aware of what has changed. You agree to review the these Terms periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the BizMeet App and/or Site indicates your assent to any changes and signifies your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should not use the Site, the BizMeet App, or any other Service as provided by innovateIT.
12. General Conditions
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible in order to affect the intention of the provision. If a court finds the modified provision illegal, void or unenforceable the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected in any way.
All contractual documents of BizMeet are issued in English. Other languages are merely translations and serve the user experience. They have therefore secondary validity.
Assignment / Delegation
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under these Terms. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. BizMeet/innovateIT may feel free to assign or delegate all rights and obligations under these Terms, fully or partially without notice to you.
Exception in case of any dispute in court is authorizing a lawyer acting on behalf of BizMeet/innovateIT.
As a registered user of BizMeet you agree that the Terms (this Agreement) constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and BizMeet/innovateIT regarding the services BizMeet offers.
Potential other Rights and Obligations
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here if you are located outside of Switzerland.
BizMeet (“innovateIT AG, hereafter innovateIT”) takes your privacy seriously. We are as such committed to give you transparency of our data management practices and control over your data in connection with BizMeet Services.
BizMeet customers/users will typically act as the data controller for any personal data they provide to innovateIT in connection with their use of BizMeet’s services. The data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data, while the data processor processes data on behalf of the data controller. BizMeet is a data processor and processes personal data on behalf of the data controller when the controller is using BizMeet.
By using BizMeet, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy, as such the Policy may be amended from time to time. Each time you use BizMeet, you agree and expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
All contractual documents of BizMeet are issued in English. Other languages are merely translations and serve the user experience. They have therefore secondary validity.
1. Collection and Use of Information
When you install and register the BizMeet app, you will be asked to provide us with your phone number, name, email address, password and a photo (name and photo are optional and not mandatory) and to allow us access to your mobile device address book.
A copy of your contacts names, photos (if available) and phone numbers in your address book (but not emails, address, notes or any other Personal Information from your contacts in your address book) will be stored on our servers and will only be used to:
(a) Indicate which of your contacts are already BizMeet users and mutually connected with you.
(b) Which are BizMeet users, but not mutually connected and which are not on BizMeet.
(c) Which are not yet BizMeet users, which you are able to invite via SMS.
(d) Indicate which of your contacts are nearby.
(e) Display followed contacts location as indicated by a photo/avatar and name, within your set contact radius.
(f) Sync your contacts with the BizMeet server to maintain accurate and up to date information in alignment with our user safety policy.
The copy of your contacts information we collected is stored on a live database. If you request to deactivate your account (more about this under Section 3 & 8), it will be deleted instantly and permanently.
Your phone number is used for identification purposes as your BizMeet user ID and is stored in our database, and will be considered private information by innovateIT and therefore not distributed or shared with third parties for any reason. However, since other BizMeet users may add your BizMeet number to their address book to follow you or see if you are registered with BizMeet, we do not consider the fact that your BizMeet number exists on BizMeet for the purpose of connecting with other BizMeet users as private information.
BizMeet may interact with your phone’s native messaging app for the sole purpose of;
(a) Provide registration verification number for activating the BizMeet service and
(b) enabling you the ability to invite potential users to BizMeet through SMS.
WE WILL NOT ACCESS THE CONTENTS OF ANY OTHER SMS MESSAGES. We use the services of third parties to process your registration verification number and we require that these third parties take the appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to comply with relevant laws.
With location services being at the core of the BizMeet App we automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as the location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi or Beacon access points and cell towers.
Name and Photo
Initially your or your contacts name and photo (if one is available) displays in BizMeet as captured from your contact book. If you provide a profile name during registration and/or photo through the Profile page under Settings, only a photo replaces the initial photo or avatar while the original name remains as initially captured. The new photo will visible together with the contacts name to other BizMeet users as long as such users have your BizMeet number and you are mutually connected.
Online, Messaging and Meeting Status
To ensure our user privacy standards are met, there are no specific indicators displayed as to whether a user is online or not, at any given time. Other users that are able to see and follow you as a result of your connection status and privacy settings (Hide/Unhide) may be able to determine your status by observing your movement across the map.
At this time BizMeet does not provide “Delivered” or “Seen” status indications for chat messages sent between users. Meeting status is only indicated with “Sent” or “Accepted” status, declined or canceled meeting statuses are not displayed.
BizMeet facilitates you to share your real-time location with other users with whom you are connected through your BizMeet contacts. User location is the core of the BizMeet services and for the application to work as intended BizMeet needs to know your location. If you choose to share your location with a specific user or group of users your location will be transmitted from your device and sent to BizMeet’s servers. BizMeet will then in turn send your location information to the devices of users that are following you, and from which you have not hidden yourself. BizMeet only relays the location data among consenting users and will not share this information with any other parties. Even if you are not directly interacting with the application, BizMeet uses your mobile device’s location services when the app runs in the background to enable the functionality to work as intended, including sending you notifications of contacts that have entered your set contact radius and are nearby your location. User’s location information is currently stored on our servers for a period of up to a maximum of 90 days and thereafter deleted from our servers. The location information is not used for any other purpose except for the inherent purpose of improving the user experience of the app as specifically utilized by you.
If you wish to use BizMeet to invite contacts in your address book outside of the BizMeet community (“BizMeet Invite”), you will be sending an SMS through your native messaging app on your device. BizMeet and its parent innovateIT does not charge you the user for any such messaging, however, please be advised that based on your mobile contract with your carrier, your carrier may charge you for such SMS.
In-App Feedback Form
If you send us inquiries via the feedback form, your details from the inquiry form including the email address you have provided will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in the event of follow-up inquiries. This data will not be passed on without your consent.
Cookies and Other Automatically Collected Data
Our servers may automatically collect data about your Internet address when you visit the Site. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. When you request pages from our Site, our servers may log your IP Address and, if applicable, your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our members and users as a whole, but does not include personally identifiable information. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the web site you visit after this Site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Service. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We will not link any Personal Information, including email addresses, with aggregate data of our users.
Any or all of these activities with regard to Site usage information may be performed on our behalf by our service providers, including, for example, our development partner(s), our analytics vendor(s) and our SMS/email management partner(s).
Third-Party Sites and Privacy Practices
You may arrive at our Site and/or download the BizMeet App from another website. In addition, our Site may contain links that will let you leave our Site and access another website. Websites linked to or from our Site are not under the control of innovateIT and it is possible that these websites have a different data policy. Our Policy applies solely to Personal Information that is acquired on the Site or through your use of our Service, and/or your relationship with the BizMeet App. We urge you to be careful when you enter any Personal Information online. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
BizMeet may use Google Analytics or other analytics services from Google, Apple or Amazon to help us anonymously track and report user/visitor behavior information and users’ standard log information to the Site and the BizMeet App. This information (including but not limited to: IP address, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, app analytics and information processing) helps us analyze and evaluate how the BizMeet App and Site are used as part of our ongoing efforts to improve the Site and the BizMeet App’s features and services. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting. These various analytical services may have access to your information only for the purposes of performing these tasks and on behalf of innovateIT and under obligations similar to those in this Data Policy. For more information about the terms and policies that govern these analytics providers, please visit their associated terms of service and privacy policies:
We do not use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personal Information from our visitors or users. We do not associate your IP address with any other data we store on our servers and we will not link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a device user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source.
2. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We do not rent, sell, or share any information about our users with any third-parties, except as specifically described herein. We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such action is necessary to:
(a) comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Service or members of the public.
In order to provide you with the innovateIT products you have requested, innovateIT may sometimes, if necessary, share your Personal Information (excluding your address book and related information) and traffic data with trusted partner service providers and/or agents, for example: customer support or hosting services. innovateIT will always require these third parties to take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data and traffic data and to observe the relevant legislation. innovateIT will never share your address book information with any third party, except as may be required by law (see below).
The following is a description of how we may share your Personal Information with trusted third party partners. Should we add additional partners, we will immediately update this description:
- We use third party companies in order to send you a verification SMS when you register with BizMeet. In order to send you the SMS, we send one of these third party companies your phone number and the verification message. These third parties are contractually obligated to only use your phone number for the transmission of the authentication SMS.
- We use Push Notification Services to notify users about various events related to the app. For example, when one of the other users you follow are nearby or when one of your contacts has sent you a message. When we do, the name of the person sending a message, a meeting invite or enter into another users contact radius is part of the notification. This message is sent to the push notification service provider, for delivery to user devices. This means that in either of the above scenarios your name or that of your contacts appear in the notifications.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, innovateIT’s BizMeet servers that are used to store your Personal Information are owned and hosted by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates (“Amazon.com”). You can read more about measures taken by AWS to protect the security of their servers and your Personal Information here: http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
We may disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary.
In accordance to your communications preferences that you have set with BizMeet and applicable national data policies, we;
- may from time to time ask you to provide information about your experiences, which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the Site or from the BizMeet App or any survey that you accept to take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the BizMeet software, products and websites.
- may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use email, the BizMeet software or SMS to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of our software, websites and/or products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
- may also use the BizMeet software to keep you up to date with news about our software and products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other innovateIT products and related information.
3. Your Rights as a Customer / User of BizMeet
It is important to us here at BizMeet that you know your rights in relation to the processing of the personal data you control and provide us with when utilizing our services. As outlined later in this section you have the right to make certain requests concerning your personal data.
We will act upon your request without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the initial request, together with the reasons for the delay.
If the request was made electronically by means of email our web form or our in client feedback functionality, we will provide you with the information by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by you.
The processing of your request is free of charge.
The conditions under which your request is processed, may not apply if;
- there are reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the natural person making the request and if any additional information necessary to confirm your identity is not provided, we will not be in a position to identify you as a user of our services.
- we find that the request is unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character. In this case we may;
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested.
- refuse to take any action on your request. (in this case we will inform you without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the initial request of the reasons for not taking action and on the possible actions (e.g. lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority or legal remedy) you can take if you do not agree with our decision.
The requests you can make of BizMeet in regard to your personal data are as follows;
Right of Information
You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you or if we obtain any of your personal data indirectly from another source. This includes for example such information as how to contact us, the purpose of processing your personal data, who receives it, for how long it is stored on our servers and the categories of personal data we collect.
Our Data Policy covers all the necessary aspects of this and will inform you thoroughly about what we do with your personal data. After having read our Data Policy and you still have questions about this, please contact us as outlined in Section 9.
Right of Access
You have the right to obtain confirmation from BizMeet if we are processing your personal data we receive from you or not and to gain access to said information.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to without undue delay, have any inaccurate personal data concerning you corrected by BizMeet. You have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request to have your personal data erased from the BizMeet servers without undue delay and we are obliged to erase your personal data without undue delay, unless we are under legal obligations not to do so. We here at BizMeet have taken your right to be forgotten one step further, in that you can do it yourself directly from the app, without needing to send us at BizMeet a request to do so. See Section 8 for further information.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to request BizMeet to restrict the processing of your personal data where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- BizMeet no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but we are required by you to keep your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of BizMeet override those of yours.
After you have requested a process restriction of your personal data and it has been put in place, your personal data can only be processed with your consent. The only exceptions to this is in the case of establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or one of its Member States.
If you have obtained a restriction of processing of your personal data from BizMeet, you will be informed by us, if for any reason the restriction of processing is to be lifted.
Right of Notification
BizMeet will communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out in accordance with your rights as described above, to each recipient to whom your personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. BizMeet will inform you about who these recipients are if so requested.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to BizMeet, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another provider without hindrance. Furthermore, you shall have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from BizMeet to another provider, where technically feasible.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data at any time, on grounds of your particular situation and where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child, override the need for processing your personal data, including profiling, based on the following points;
- processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in BizMeet (innovateIT) or,
- processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by BizMeet or by a third party, or
- processing for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing, or
- processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Point (b) does however not apply to processing carried out by public authorities in the performance of their tasks.
Once you have provided BizMeet with an objection to processing of your personal data and it meets all necessary requirements and does not fall under any exceptions, BizMeet will no longer process your personal data unless we demonstrate a compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right of Automated Individual Processing
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based only on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you in any way.
Automated processing is necessary for you to be able to use the BizMeet service. Without it, we would not be able to display your location or that of your BizMeet contacts. However, by using the hide feature in the Settings of the app or turning off your devices location services for BizMeet, you would no longer be subject to automated processing.
However, if this is still not enough for you should not install BizMeet. On the other hand, if you already have BizMeet installed we recommend that you take use of your “Right to Erasure” as mentioned earlier in this section and enable the “Account Deactivation” feature found under Settings in your copy of the BizMeet app.
Right to Receive Data Breach Communication
In the unlikely event of a data breach that is identified as high risk, those users that has been affected by the personal data breach will be notified without undue delay. In our communication you will be provided with information in regard to whom to contact at BizMeet, the likely risks / consequences of the breach and the actions we are taking to mitigate said risks.
4. Children’s Privacy
BizMeet websites and software clients are not intended for or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13 and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personal Information on our sites from anyone under the age of 13 (or older in some jurisdictions). We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
We take reasonable precaution to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access. Although we cannot guarantee that Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized access, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect Personal Information. Personal Information is stored on our servers and protected by secured networks to which access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Your BizMeet accounts Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to the BizMeet App by others. The Services may contain links to other sites. BizMeet is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on other sites. When linking to another site, you should read the privacy or data policy stated on that site. This Data Policy only governs information collected through our Services.
innovateIT is a Swiss company that strictly adheres to the Privacy Act of the Swiss Confederation (Federal Act on Data Protection, 235.1 from June 19, 1992, edition 1. January 2014). Our main servers are located in Germany and are as such also subject to EU Data Protection laws such as GDPR. Since the BizMeet App is an international product and currently hosted by Amazon Web Services, it may from time to time utilize servers located outside of Switzerland and the EU. Therefore portions of your information may be processed and stored in the country where you are currently utilizing the BizMeet App or outside of your home country and be subject to the local laws governing the collection, use, and retention of personal information. As a result, based on those countries legal structure federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in those countries. Your use of the Site or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
6. Business Transitions
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. As part of such a transaction the new entity will be required to commit to the same level of protection of your Personal Information as described in this Data Policy. If we cannot obtain such a commitment, we will not perform the business transition.
We will post a notice on this Site of any such change in ownership or control of the Personal Information we may have prior to such transfer.
7. Changes to Policy
From time to time, we may revise this Policy. We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy, or any other of our policies or practices, at any time with or without notice. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses. We will post the revised Policy on the Site, so that users can always be aware of what information we collect, how the information is used and under what circumstances such information may be disclosed. You agree to review the Policy periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the BizMeet App and/or Site indicates your assent to any changes and signifies your agreement to the terms of our Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not use the Site, the BizMeet App, or any other Service as provided by innovateIT.
8. Change, Communication or Removal of Information
Changes, Corrections or Updates
If you need to change, correct or update any personal information you provided us with during registration, except your phone number, you can do so on the Profile page under Setting in the BizMeet app.
If during registration or at a later time you opted in to receive communications from us, and you no longer wish to receive e-mail or message communication from us, such as offers, update information, policy changes and newsletters, you may opt-out of receiving such communications.
There a three means by which you can opt-out:
- You can click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the latest communication you received from BizMeet, or
- you can send us an email to support∂bizmeet-hub.com and indicate Unsubscribe in the subject line, or
- You can go to the Opt-In page under Settings in the BizMeet app and change the slider setting from On (orange colored) to Off (greyish (Android) or white (Apple) colored).
Your contact information will be removed from any our user communication lists and you will receive a confirmation email from us, except under option 3, that your request has been completed.
Please note that if you are utilizing option 1 or 2, please make sure that the email address you subscribed with is either the one you send the unsubscribe request from or is noted in the email, so that we can be assured that we are removing the correct email from our mailing list.
Removal of Information
Due to technological reasons, we do not know when and if you delete the application. As such, if BizMeet does not detect no activity from your device after a span of 4 hours your last known location on the smartphone client will be removed from the map and after 7 days from the BizMeet web app. Furthermore, if there has been no activity for 90 days, we will assume that you deleted the application. However, since we are not certain that you deleted the application (you may just be on an extended vacation, etc.) we will not deactivate your BizMeet account (which is your phone number and device ID). We do not want to force you to register again in the event of non-use.
If you wish to delete your account completely, you can do so at any time by going to DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT under settings and enter the information needed to deactivate your account. Please note that this will remove your data from BizMeet, and deactivate BizMeet on your device, but not delete the BizMeet client. Because of the way we maintain BizMeet, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days. If you have additional concerns and/or requests, you can contact BizMeet at support∂bizmeet-hub.com.
1. Contact Methods
There are a variety of methods you can use to contact the BizMeet team. They include;
- Email: support∂bizmeet-hub.com or admin∂bizmeet-hub.com
- Web Form: By clicking the “Contact Form” link in the footer of our web page, a web form will open for you over which you can send us information.
- In App Feedback: You can contact us directly through the apps feedback feature. It can be found in Settings under the BizMeet information section. Just tap the mail icon in the upper right hand corner and a pop-up entry form will appear.
- Regular Mail: You can of course also utilize the regular postal service by writing to: innovateIT AG, Attention: BizMeet Admin, Hagenholzstrasse 83b, CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland.
2. Policy Specific Inquiries
Please always remember to clearly state the purpose of you contacting us in your communication, so that we may quickly and correctly address the reason for you contacting us.
3. EU Data Protection Representative
Name: VGS Datenschutzpartner UG
Address: Am Kaiserkai 69, DE-20457 Hamburg, Germany
You may of course also contact us directly regarding any request you might have in regard to your rights. Our contact information and the methods which you can use to contact us are outlined in Section 1 & 2 above.